Contributors

Friday, March 17, 2006

Saint Patty's Day

Well if you'd like to have an idea what being out on the town is like on any given Irish evening (weekend or not), take a field trip to your local pub/bar this evening. Chances are, it'll be shoulder to shoulder packed out, with pints of Guinness flowing everywhere. The only difference is that in Ireland, they have good music playing. I was actually thinking about going out this evening, just to sort of get back in shape for Ireland, but I'm not sure I can stand all of the Americans. But it is a lovely day for a Guinness! I do think it's remarkable that the Catholic Church pretty much has a saint for every day of the year, and the Irish are the only ones who got everybody to throw a big party for theirs, and a rather un-saintly party at that!

Today I got myself a haircut. I know all of you are dying to know that, but it was pretty cool because Lauren cut it for me. Now, many of you may not know this, but I have cut Lauren's hair on a fairly regular basis. I'll only cut it if she wants it short - no, not with a pair of clippers. So today, we traded and she cut mine. It looks good and I like it - not that I really have any options there.

We also filed our taxes today - yes it's been a rather thrilling day. We had somebody else do it, and it was awesome. It took us less than an hour, and we're done. He told us what we're going to get back and when to expect it, and the best part was that I didn't even have to break a sweat over it!

No comments: