Contributors

Monday, January 23, 2006

A good January weekend

-I'm not really sure where the weekend went, now that I think about it. Both Saturday and Sunday seem rather blurred in my 20/20 hindsight. Saturday, at least most of it was taken up by going down to the Philly Rock Gym in Valley Forge for a bouldering comp. I didn't finish as well as I hoped - 8th I think, but Seth took 3rd out of about 15-20 guys in the intermediate class. I would have liked to have done a little better, but I know my endurance simply is not there. It was probably one of the most fun times that I have had climbing in a long time. The problems were good and there was a good variety of stuff. Sometimes it's just good to climb on stuff that somebody else has set, someone other than what you're used to.
-Friday I got out for probably the last beautiful day of winter, it was about 60 and sunny, I couldn't have asked for a sweeter January day to pound out some road miles. Again, my endurance just isn't there, but it's coming. I've been doing the same road loop consistently, and I've been consistently dropping my times in completing it. Right now it's about an hour to do the loop, which is a good lap for me.
-Yesterday was an altogether different day. I skipped church because I went to the climbing comp Saturday, which meant I had only Sunday to pound out a 10 page research paper for school. I had all of the research done, but I didn't even have an outline yet. I wasn't too worried, though maybe I should have been. The downside to this was that I knew I couldn't sit down to watch any of the football games on, as much as I would have liked to. I also forgot about a meeting that I had at 12:30, after church to start some team-building stuff for going back to Ireland this summer. All told, that took a solid 2.5 hours out of my typing time. When I left for the meeting I at least had a rough outline done to go off of when I got back. Well, I finished my paper, all in good time, enough to do some reading before I hit the sack- I finished the reference page with some help from Lauren at a bit after 10. Not bad for ten pages. I think it's a good paper too. I hope my prof does-

No comments: