Contributors

Sunday, December 04, 2005

New Year's Resolution

I've decided on one new year's resolution, if you will, and I figured, what's the sense in waiting til January so I started today. I've decided that I am going to re-enter the world of mountain bike racing next year. So I started today with my first training ride for the 2006 season. Everybody else is finishing up for the year, mountain and road nationals are long over, cross nationals are next weekend, but I've got a lot of catching up to do, so I'm gonna need all the time I can get. It was great. I was planning on playing football today, as last night was the first snow we've had this year, but that got nixed so I decided to take advantage of the 2 inches of snow which made for a very wintery ride. If you dress right it's fine, and for the most part I did, but I still don't have all the feeling back in my toes, they got a little wet. I love the briskness of the cold air in my lungs. I love the cold, as long as I can stay warm, which is usually the trick. I am really stoked about racing next year, I forgot how much I missed it until I went to one of Tristan's races with him. We'll have to see how my training actually goes . . .

1 comment:

Tristan Schouten said...

You may have missed a few years but you still have time!
Carpe Diem. Hmmmm, sounds Spanish
Lata dude